My Most Deepest Apologies

Via
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: My Most Deepest Apologies Reply with quote

My post was in no way met to offend anyone, only to aleviate and enlighten all but, it seems I have been selfish and insensitivei. I had read the post about all the terrible things happening over seas concerning homosexuals and at the same time the movie "Milk" was on and I got sooo sad. I felt helpless. Not that it is my job to intervene, I just wanted to take away any hurt or pain from those who may feel that way and also not to be one of those people who push another human being toward that kind of depression. I am SOO SORRY. I post this because I see no one has responded so I must have been wrong for suggesting this discussion. Much, Much , Love , Via
Seraphim
Reading Ephesians

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Via. No way were you wrong in your post. I think its because the subject was talked about allot before and left a few wounds. Not of those who suffer over the issue but of those who don`t ironically enough. I probably should have responded myself to the post but I didn't want to be accused of promotion again. Not that I ever have promoted it. I guess also the thread was about a rather specific aspect of the subject rather than more general ones. You weren't wrong to bring it up though because it affects real people and real lives. I definitely think by talking the subject in the way you were it would certainly not cause anyone to go through depression over it. Its normally the not talking about it that does and the lack of empathy from others when it is talked about. You can always post it on a new thread which would be less specific than the one I started on Uganda.
Dina
Reading John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via, you don't have anything to apologize for. Like Brian said, it's something that has been talked about a lot here. So, it's an old subject for us, but perhaps new for you.

Everyone here knows where I stand, that hasn't changed. Although, I wasn't wounded by the discussions, I do wish I would have handled it with more compassion.

Don't feel bad or feel that you were being selfish by bringing up the topic. You didn't do anything wrong.
Acts5v29
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: My Most Deepest Apologies Reply with quote

Hi Via,

The feeling poured out of your post. It's a relief to see the traditional black-and-white converted into something far less stark and far more considerate.

Acts5v29

Derek
Reading Corinthians

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Via,
Don't apologise for your post. None of us think you were wrong.

The subject of homosexuality has been discussed in the past, some think, ad naseum.

However, the cruel treatment of anyone, for whatever reason, does concern me as a Christian.

The cruel treatment of Jews, Gypsies, J.W's, homosexuals and mental cases, etc, etc by the Nazis was evil and all equally wicked. The same sort of thing occurs today in Africa with the weak being preyed on by the strong.

It is wrong for anyone to imply any of us here do not care.

Peace to you Via
WCL
Derek
Via
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: This is LOVE Reply with quote

This is the way Jesus is and was when He walked the earth. This is His message. Non-judgement, acceptance, feeling drawn in by love. How blessed I am for such people, Christians, CHRISTLIKE beings. This is truly the fruit of the spirit. I am new and ofcourse I did not know the subject had been discussed. I did sense an undertone of judgement so I felt if we could talk about it at the very least, it would comfort and bring all of us closer first to God and our Savior, then to one another. Like I said, it is impossible to sweep a elephant under the rug and it will remain a fearful, ugly, mean, dark monster, unless it is brought into the light. Heavenly Father and The Lord Jesus do not leave anything in the dark. Whatever the subject, it is brought into the light. It does not mean it is an acceptable way of life whatever the circumstanses, whether it be poligamy, idol whorship, theivery. If we could be loving and longsuffering as our God as we are commanded to be, to love our neighbor, I can hardly imagine what gifts we would experience. I believe Father looks for such ones who will love all and accept all no matter what. I suppose this is a selfish thing on my part for, I look for such ones as well. I really and truly want to know the why. It would be such a blessing to me and I am thinking others as well if we were enlightened. Imagine the closeness and the warmth we would feel to be able to love the tax collector. The most despised, to be able to mature to a level closer of that of Our Creator. Aren't we told to confess our sins to one another, if indeed this is a sin. Heavenly Father is the only reader of hearts and He is the only one with who holds the power to condemn. Much Love, Via.
Seraphim
Reading Ephesians

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Via what a nice post!

Here a link to a thread it was talked about at length. You may find it of interest. Its a big thread, probably the longest thread we ever had on this board.

http://shelter.jwreform.org/viewtopic.php?t=384
Constantine
Reading Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How refreshing it is to see the examples of Christian charity, and mutual understanding that are being exhibited by the posters on this thread.
Long may it last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shelter Forum Index -> Prayer Thread All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: