Hi I'm Freddie from CC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shelter Forum Index -> Introductions and Personal Stories
Freddie
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Hi I'm Freddie from CC Reply with quote

I'm Freddie from CC; read a bit; post a little.
I was raised around JWs when young, went to 1958 convention in NYC.
Was baptized in 1997 in Lexington KY where I now live then walked a way in 2001 due to seeing improper conduct among elders in congregation.
Hope to see others from CC come over and post.
Flatlander
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the forum Reply with quote

I walked away in about 2001 also. I go to meetings about twice a year if I am lucky. My leaving came about because of researching the blood issue and consequently going in to talk to the elders and CO. Big mistake that was.
Flat
Freddie
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Walking Reply with quote

Hi Flatlander,
I haven't been to a meeting; still talk to some of the brothers off & on.
the brother I studied with still tries to get me to return, but I don't see that happening.

I don't have a problem with their blood or no blood; to me it's up to the individual and should not be a doctrine, also think all Christians should partake of bread and wine and not just on the one day.

I tried a small Baptist church for a while. even went to Sunday school a few times, but that was about like Watchtower study; they didn't seem to want any input from the peanuts. I did like the church singing with organ, that was nice.

I can't get on CC any more, but there seems to be a lot to read here and it doesn't vanish at the bottom.

Best Regards Flat
Flatlander
Reading Matthew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Freddie,
I tried a number of churches but the Watchtower indoctrination from growing up I am afraid has ruined me for life. On a side note are you able to get email notifications when you have "Notify me when a reply is posted" to work. I have an email address in my profile but cant seem to get any emails. I have also checked my email settings, junk mail etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shelter Forum Index -> Introductions and Personal Stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: